My Avatar

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tool #2: Building Community in the Online Environment


Tool #2: Building Community in the Online Environment

  1. Following other blogs in my content area to create a PLN provides an excellent opportunity to learn from other teachers' experiences and activities and for me to share with them as well.
  2. Participating in an online community provides an exciting learning opportunity for teachers to share experiences from around the world, instead of just next door or down the hall. I feel comfortable commenting and sharing with others in this type of format. I did not feel any different commenting on others versus my teammate, with the exception of trying to be a little more thoughtful and formal when commenting in a public format.
  3. I came across an exceptional biology class website that is maintained by the teacher, who also posts contributions by her students. This is very inspiring. The site offers interesting article summaries and podcasts, and even poems about biology topics by her students. http://missbakersbiologyclass.com/blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment