My Avatar

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tool #6: Using Web Tools to Promote Discussion in and out of the Classroom


Tool #6: Using Web Tools to Promote Discussion in and out of the Classroom

  1. I created an account to voicethread and have created an account in GoogleDocs. 
  2. I created a classroom blog for asynchronous discussion. Many students responded enthusiastically to the blog, although I found it challenging to keep up with regular posts. I have also used google docs to post group data. See #3 for the voice thread example.
  3. I embedded a sample document that I could send to kids with a comment for further explanation. This is excellent for students that are absent. Also, here is a link to the document.
  4. Students that love technology may respond to this method of communication more enthusiastically than more traditional formats. At the same time, students learn how to use the tools of technology for their own purposes after experiencing the format for their classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment